General practices when traveling to places.
|Table of Contents|
Things to note when traveling in Tokyo on February (end of winter)
- It is still cold.
- Especially if you're used to warmer climate, e.g. Singapore, Malaysia.
- The average temperature is below 10 degree Celsius - which is bearable, until the wind blows
- It may rain a little, check the weather forecast.
- Wear a comfortable/light jacket with heat-tech clothes.
- You don't need many layers of clothes, because it will be hot in-door (train/bus/taxi/mall) and it's inconvenient to de-layer (and you don't want to get sweaty).
- The combination of Uniqlo HeatTech inner shirt, pants, any comfortable t-shirt, long jeans, and a ultra light down jacket is perfect.
- Get a jacket with hood, that can substitute an umbrella.
- You can prepare 2-3 sets of clothes and buy the rest in Japan's Uniqlo stores. They're available at lots of places and it's cheaper with end-season sales.
- Just wash your clothes in coin laundries.
- It should be available in most apartments, especially if you're using AirBnB.
- Buy and use stick-on heat packs.
- They're quite cheap and available in most of the pharmacies.
- You can stick a piece on to your feet, waist or any areas that you're vulnerable to cold.
- Buy and use lipgloss.
- It'll be okay without a lipgloss on the first 2 days, but you'll start feeling miserable after that.